Someone emailed me about this because she wants to make money writing paid posts. Her own blog has been Google smacked.
As I was once the paid post queen, she asked me if I will consider doing that. Of course, everyone is aware that I have submitted reconsideration requests to Google and has gained my PR on some of my blogs but I have completely stopped doing any paid posts there. I told her that I will not waste my money on a risk like that.
Here are some of the reasons why I wouldn’t touch a used domain that has PR:
1) Non of the probloggers advise it
2) Almost every SEO forum has threads that said they lost the PR a few days after spending a huge amount of money on buying a domain with PR
3) Google is said to re-set the PR to zero when a domain expired
4) In one of the paid post forum, several members have lamented how they lost their PR within 3 days of doing a paid post
5) Google does their pagerank update almost monthly now
6) Those sites with good PR which they earned through sheer hardwork will not sell their domain
7) Those sites with PR probably gained it through blackhat methods which means an impending death to the PR is almost immediate.
8) It is not that freaking hard to gain PR if we know how to fill our domain with quality posts
9) I hate buying second hand goods.
10) I am tired of writing paid posts now and I am confident no-follow rules will come in the horizon if Google squeezes advertisers. *cackles*
So, my advice, dear…..it is entirely up to you if you want to spend a sum of money to gamble. Good luck! I am so not playing. Sorry! I would rather be planting in my ‘gardens’ and harvest them when the juice is green.
But ahah! If it is a site with a reputation, i.e. the blogger is known, then people will buy them for a huge sum of money. Until today, I still get mails through Sitepoint asking if this blog is still for sale. Nah ah…. :P