Do you keep a to-do list? I don’t but have them swirling in my head. However, if there is a long list of things to do and I am afraid of forgetting them, then, I will jot them down on my Mac. Otherwise, I just key them into my calendar in my mobile phone.
Being an ex-secretary, I guess I am pretty organised as I used to breath ‘to-do list’ and was a walking ‘to-do list’ for my boss. I literally and physically run his daily lives, day and even at nights when he had dinner appointments, business trips right down to remember which visiting procurement managers like which GROs and etc.
Today is Tuesday and I have completed :
1) Change my personal and food blogs WordPress theme.
2) Add some plugins which include a photo album.
3) Completed my paid posts totalling only 14 for the week.
4) Done some duty roster for my church.
And I have several things that scream attention but I just haven’t got the push to do such as :
1) Finish one advertorial, polish it and publish it.
2) Send out the proposal I had completed. Need to be very sure it looks professional so I am staring at it for the 1000th time.
3) Write some crappy opening lines for a short talk.
4) Do my assignments from the psychology and spirituality course I am attending twice weekly.
5) Trace where the hell is my bank draft sent to Mumbai
6) Ask my leader to upgrade my church website from Windows NT server to Linux or whatever. I hate that! I didn’t know I cannot change my blog permalink as the stupid server probably didn’t run like my Linux and now, the whole blog gives 404. I wasted 2 hours to clear the problem, read the Codex tutorial and every thing I can find on the net.
Plus those daily routine of a make money blogger such as :
1) Check that all my blogs are running fine because there are blogs that I hardly visit for weeks;
2) Upgrade the plugins if necessary;
3) Go out, eat more, take pictures and blog;
4) Log into all my monetization program and see that the money is increasing;
5) Run through my Google Webmaster Central and find out if any sitemap is not readable by Google (it happens so always good to re-submit)
6) Analyse all those stats, income, blek…I hate these
So, do you keep a to-do list to stay on the track or do you just blindly forge ahead without stopping to recollect your thoughts?
I personally like to slow down, stop, recollect and re-route, if necessary. It is the same in my Christian’s journey where I stopped to ask myself questions before I go on blindly believing there is God. I would detach myself from too much faith/religion related things, question the existence of God, write down the goodness I feel which are God’s blessings and then, get back on track to do God’s will.
It’s a good way to be in control of things, try it!
ahmike(October 21, 2008 - 4:45 pm)
God bless lilian and family =)
bantingboy(October 22, 2008 - 5:41 am)
i guess you really busy with your blog and family. Looks like you really love it.
Norhafidz(October 22, 2008 - 7:51 am)
Well, that’s a lot of list lilian, I’m not as systematically as that yet. I just do what I want, where I want and when I want. Perhaps I should be thinking of doing the same like what you did now.
TeRaBai(October 22, 2008 - 4:11 pm)
its seems this is one thing that i should learn. My to do list is always been distracted by other thing. If the thing is important, then its ok. But it usually not.
downloadable audio books(October 23, 2008 - 4:59 am)
God bless lilian and family =)
titan(October 24, 2008 - 9:45 am)
i know its not easy because i also have same experience like you. So, lets do it!
CubeWarrior(October 25, 2008 - 12:48 am)
I unfortunately have “work” lists, personal to do lists, “dream lists” and my “make money on the internet” list.
Oh and I have my goals list that i carry in my pocket.
If only i could cross some items off some of these lists.
John Philips(October 26, 2008 - 1:20 pm)
I’ve learned to keep 2 lists. One for the day to day focus and the other to catch all the stuff that flies into my head. That list is much longer but it helps me feed my day to day list with the critical items.
Movies(October 29, 2008 - 7:51 pm)
1. make money
2. make money
3. spend money
that’s my list
Kuber(November 16, 2008 - 6:09 pm)
Yes.. I have to do list with such a long entry everyday.. over all it is very necessary things if you don’t follow you should keep sharp you mind…and ya I have my goals list that i carry in my pocket…But thank you very much for such a nice one.