I use the Adsense notifier by Mincus which is a Firefox add-on. The purpose is to satisfy the fanatic in me and also to monitor for any suddenly increase in clicks.
Few nights ago, I notice a huge spike in earnings and that sets off an alert in me. I check my stats and roughly know the reason why but I do not wish to take any chances as the increase is tremendous. So, I wrote to Adsense, quoting my blog URL, the high CTR and also the earnings.
I got a reply within 24 hours and below is an excerpt of the email I got from Adsense. I have taken out some of the information but in a gist…
Thanks for letting us know about this situation. Rest assured that we’ve noted your input, and we’ll continue to monitor the situation closely.
I understand that you’re concerned about keeping your account in good standing. I also realize that you might have questions about what Google is doing to prevent invalid click activity. You should know that our specialists carefully monitor clicks and impressions on Google ads in order to protect your interests as well as those of our advertisers. To do this, we use both automated systems and human reviews, analyzing all ad clicks for any invalid click activity that may artificially drive up an advertiser’s costs or a publisher’s earnings.
Lastly, I wanted to let you know that in the future, we may adjust your payment for any days during which invalid clicks occurred. This helps us protect the integrity of the AdSense program and properly credit advertisers for any invalid activity.
(unqoute – bcoz the blockquote css is missing :P )
Some of my personal tips on avoiding getting banned by Google Adsense :
1) If you are not the only sole user of your PC, remember to remind the rest of the users never to access your websites as they may inadvertently clicked on your ads. I have drilled all my younger children never to access my sites as they know the deadly consequences of accidentally clicking on my ads.
2) Avoid whining to your blog readers that you are not earning much from Adsense which is indirectly begging for clicks. If all your readers know how pathetic you are, they may out of compassion click on your ads as they leave your blog everyday. This will sets off a pattern which can clearly be seen by Adsense.
3) Google is that almighty Google and even if you are accessing from differenct PC but may have the same IP, i.e. say you are using your college PCs or something, they will know the pattern. So, don’t be greedy and kill your own ads. Leave them alone!
Of course, there are other reasons that you may get banned which includes :
1) Display of p0rn0 pics, guns, drugs etc etc
2) Your site contain hatred stuffs and dangerous things
3) Your ads are misleading like some thrashy magazine where readers do not know where the ads begin and content starts
And the scariest part is – If you are banned, there is usually little chance of a review because Google normally assess well before banning your site. There is almost no negotiation at all. That’s why it is good to be safe than sorry.
Although pay per click is the best plan of search engine optimization, still a webmaster prefers newer sem plans like email marketing as well as other strategies. Only with dedicated servers can one accomplish all this.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.