I have been getting these jibberish comments with unrecognisable words in a string. I checked with Adwords to see if those are high paying keywords but nay, there is not enough volume to check.
In a comment, there are three links. Funny thing is the URL is not linked with any keywords but instead, the URL or names.
I went to all three sites in the URL and those sites appear decent and have pagerank. Those sites look very much built for Adsense and affiliate marketing but they are filled with content and not spammy at all. Here is one of them.
So, my conclusion are:
1) Some clueless webmaster has bought the CommentKahuna and do not really know how to use it. (Stay away from this evil comment spam method, will you?
2) Some clueless and gullible person has bought some auto-comment software and are hoping to get do-follow links from my blog.
3) Some idiot obviously do not know what a waste of time and (maybe money) it is to spam WordPress blogs because WordPress bloggers have Akismet, Spam Karma and every kind of spam filter to nuke your comment. WordPress also built in filter to put all first time commentors into the moderation queue.
4) Someone is trying to sabotage their competitors by spamming their URLs? (ok, I am evil and always dream of doing that)
5) The clueless chap probably didn’t do his homework well to realise that those words don’t bring moolah on Adwords/Adsense.
Or maybe the biggest idiot of all is me who is probably missing out on some blackhat SEO tactic?