Clare, a blogger I met before has just shifted to her own domain at http://clareng.com. Congrats, Clare! If you haven’t read her blog before, you should. She is also very vocal and I like her no-restrain style of blogging. She forwarded me some questions but I am not sure if I can answer all of them. Here goes…
1. Why I cannot use my personalized e-mail account liao? I was using (somename)@clareng.com with gmail but now when I typed mail.clareng.com, the log in page didnt show.
You know what? I don’t set any email for my sites except for one. So, I really have no idea what you mean at all. So, if any of you guys get what Clare asked, can you explain please?
2. Who can help design banner for my page??? Like your pink 5xmom banner, very nice. I like! By Nix Loh right? Oh, and do they charge? If got, how much?
I got the special banner from Nyx but unfortunately, he is not available for hire nor will he do anymore banner. BTW, the gif file (which can change smiles to cuss) was modified by Tina who customised her template to fit my requirements. I sent Tina a gift as appreciation and will treat Nyx if I ever meet him.
Any readers who can design banners for free, in exchange for coffee or a small fee, do tell us! I am sure many people are looking for banners designs.
3. How to learn all those html coding and stuff? I am seriously illiterate in this field. Even though I took the course previous semester liao I still know nuts about what I’ve studied. LOL! I know there is this thing called Google…but what to type to be specific ar?
I actuallly took an online tutorial from one very senior New Zealand man. He gave it for free and there were lots of lessons and assignments. I cannot recall the name of the website right now. But then, I am a smart girl and a fast learner. Hehehe. I had used Yahoo Pagebuilder, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, htmlkit and many more programs. Right now, I can’t provide any useful links but if I do, I will share it. But for a start, try Google for Ask Dave Taylor and Lissa explains it all. Lissa has tutorial for little kids and bwahahahaha, it is suitable for noobs. Dave knows everything.
4. I am thinking of writing paid post. How do I qualify?
Sign up with PayPerPost, use my referral! Hehehe. Your blog has to be 90 days old, have 20 posts and the last one must not be more than seven days ago. They will also vet the content and it shouldn’t be filled with copy and paste stuffs. Sign up with Blogitive, SponsoredReviews, ReviewMe, Loudlaunch, Blogvertise and etc. But PayPerPost is the best.
However, I am a little unclear on your situation. If you are using your blogspot, then, you definitely qualify. But if you have changed your URL to dot com, PPP may not accept you and you have to wait till it is 90 days old.
5. So, my new site’s counter is going to start counting from 0?
It depends on what site meter you are using. Some can be manipulated. Otherwise, yes. :P
6. What is RSS feed? Or burner? Heard that a lot and know they have something to do with the square orange logo but know nuts about it. Hahahha!!! *slap self*
RSS feeds is like a channel. With the URL, it sort of ‘beam live’ your blog posts over other places. Do you see that I have this blog latest titles on my personal blog? Try experimenting with the little orange box. I actually get my blog feeds from Google Reader. Hard to explain it, so Google it! Feedburner is where you can ‘open’ a channel that you can ‘beam live’ to everywhere and everyone. I had posted about Feedburner. Just use the search box on the sidebar.
Hope that explains a bit.