After a long, long time, I finally get to work on my Amazon Associates accounts. I had joined Amazon Associates for more than three years and I have never been able to make any income from there.
I applied these tricks and now, I am seeing some money rolling in.
1) Have a site that is very niche. Forget about making money blogs, no one needs to buy anything. Think of basic, daily needs instead.
2) Find out your best and most popular pages if you already have some aged blogs with a lot of posts.
3) Target your traffic for USA traffic only. You can do so on Google Webmaster Central.
4) Promote your blogs actively (via social bookmarking, blog directories, whatever)
5) Open an aStore (but it doesn’t work so well for me), find interesting ads options as Amazon has a lot of different widgets and styles.
6) Identify what products surfers are looking for on those popular pages and insert that product on just that page. Eg. you have a blog about pets and your highest traffic and most popular page is about cat urine odour. So, get one product for removal of cat urine odour and put it high on your post.
7) Explore all the fun widgets from Amazon Associates like those carousel widget, video and etc. but do not clutter your blog with too many ads on the same page.
8) Be creative and know what your surfers are looking for. I now some perverts come to my blog for some sexy eye candies. I have none to offer so I pasted one sexy looking ad there and that got them running over. Hopefully, they find something they like on Amazon, make a purchase and I earn from there.
As usual, be patient with any new ads you place and you may see results in a month or two. If they are non-performing, strip them off. If they do, try working on more pages of your blogs.
Please read the terms carefully as certain Amazon ads that mimic Google Adsense are not permissible if you are already running Adsense.