Once upon a time, I really live, breath, think, sleep and practically get my aunties’ panties (just because it rhymes, not that I wear one like that hehehe)Â in a wad whenever there is an imminent PR shake-up.
Then, after owning like over a dozen websites, majority of them hosted on my own, I realised something :
1) PR 4/10 is easy peasy to achieve if your blog has decent traffic;
2) You can shoot from 0/10 to 4/10 within a month;
3) You can drop a notch or two if your blog starts to sucks.Â (i.e. too many paid posts and stupid memes with long, long train of URL)
4) You can work till you die and you are going to remain at 4/10 or 5/10.Â I gave up already.Â I no longer care anymore.Â And you know what?Â The world still revolves.
5) The only ways to increase your PR are :
a) Get higher ranking blogs to link you, aka suck-up and polish them alot and very often;
b) Don’t do paid post (but is it worth it when the money are there for the picking?)
c) Don’t sell text link ads and don’t link too many people;
Ultimately, I realised that I don’t care anymore.Â And those PR predictions tools are total bullshits.Â My advice – The PR will come when it comes.Â Meantime, just forget it.Â Heh, as if you can.
If you are still desperate, go join that BobMeetsWorld – Google PageRank?Â Get over it.
Oh did I also mention that only n00bs get excited over PR?Â Yeah, yeah, I am mean.Â ‘Cos blogsÂ get boring when Â too many people write about the same stuffs.