Bank charges is high
I am just reminded of this very important community message.Â :PÂ For ads programmes like [tag]TextLinkAds[/tag] or[tag] ReviewMe[/tag], you have the option of receiving your payment through PayPal or cheque/check.Â If you are not expecting large amount of money, like at least USD100, do not ask for cheques.
The reason being – our local bank charges here is exhorbitant.Â Therefore, if you forget to set the option to ‘PayPal’, you may receive a cheque for the amount of say, USD25 or USD30.Â When you cash it, there is almost nothing left in the amount.Â Bank charges varies so I shall not elaborate how much, but I can tell you that it is HUGE.Â Â You will probably end up with only a few Ringgit Malaysia.
Previously, when I put up Chitika, I earned about USD38.Â I didn’t activate my PayPal for several months and Chitika hold the payment for me until I activated the PayPal.
How to activate PayPal to receive money?
1) You need to enter your credit card number
2) USD1.95 will be deducted from your card
3) In your next credit card statement, you have to get the last four digits of the PayPal transaction and enter that four digit number into your PayPal account
4) Then, you are on the roll to receive money.
5) That USD1.95 will be given back to you the next time you send money to someone
Don’t say I didn’t tell you, ok?Â ‘Cos someone received a USD25 cheque from TextLinkAds.Â LOL.Â He is cursing like mad.Â TextLinkAd’s payment is very prompt.Â It caught him by surprise.