I went to Public Bank and told the receptionist I want to open a bank account and also apply for a Visa Electrron Debt Card. And this is what I am told. No matter how many times I asked for reconfirmation, the girl insisted these:
– It costs 5% for me to transfer the amount in my debit card to the savings accounts.
– I need to wait for 2 weeks to 1 month to get my debit card issued and it costs RM24 per year
– I told her I want to open a saving accounts since I am already at the bank and she told me I can wait for my debit card to be issued in two weeks to one month’s time.
So, forget it, Pubic Bank.
Then, I head over to Al Rajhi Bank and I am so pleased with their service.
– I got my Visa debit card on the spot
– I open a joint account with hubby (just in case I died, he can quietly withdraw all my money without hassles LOL)
– The Visa card is also the atm card
– I get electronic banking (transfer within account at the moment)
– I can transfer the amount I received in my debit card to my saving accounts online
– No charge, excellent service
– No crowds
– The debit card can be used to withdraw money from Maybank or Al Rajhi’s atms but if you withdraw from the other machines with Visa sign, you need to pay RM10 per transaction.
When I got home, I already can withdraw my PayPal to my Al Rajhi Visa debit card. It goes through like a breeze. I transferred USD105, of which USD5 is the per transaction fee. Note that you can only withdraw USD500 per day from your PayPal.
It takes 5-7 business days to get my money. So, let’s see how much I get.
Overall, go to Al Rajhi bank if you don’t have a Public Bank account. Public Bank was never in my good books. Their tellers are all sour face aunties, mostly. They are so bored looking, they won’t even bother to smile.
My blog buddy, Samm has posted on her OrganicIncome blog on how to withdraw PayPal to HSBC credit cards. Find out how.
NOTE : I read that PayPal may freeze your account if you make sudden withdrawals with a new card. So, try with small amount first. If your account is frozen, PayPal will need your printed documents to be couriered to them. So, go slow.