â€œIt is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.â€ Mother Teresa
I am a very bull-headed person. I keep my cut off date and time on GMT 8+ time, at 12 midnight. I could wait till 3 pm the next day but no, I must keep to my own principle.
It was a last minute marathon race for me becaue things came in at the last minute. I didn’t expect to touch USD5K, not until Saturday when I received several ReviewMe advertorials. With shopping, family commitments, church stuffs and taking care of kids plus preparing meals (because I like to cook on weekends), I had to rush a lot of work out.
It was a very emotional process for me. The feeling of achievement is overwhelming and I actually broke into tears when I submitted my last Blogvertise job. It is not so much the money but the affirmation that I can do anything if I set my mind to it.
As you can see from the above pie chart, I have 9 sources of income. I am sorry I cannot reveal what are those but they are all legitimate things that I have to put my brain cells and hard work into them. I made USD5,010 which is equivalent to RM17,000.
I am happy because a few of my blogging buddies too achieve five digit income. Right now, only one of them revealed her income. Samm, who provided me this wicked, evil Excel spreadsheet has enabled me to track my daily earnings and that make chasing my target much easier. See how much Samm made on her OrganicIncome blog.
How did I do it? Here are some factors on the why, how and what.
1) Good contents which give me good page rankings – High organic traffic
2) Hard work and discipline – Setting targets and pushing self even when feel sick of the work
3) High standard – I need to maintain good quality posts or else I can risk getting banned by advertisers
4) Buddy network – We keep each other going
5) Focus – We get a lot of flaks from pessimistic and self-righteous folks so we need to focus on why we want to do it
6) Lack of pressure – We write for fun and not for money as all our hubbies can provide for us. Without work pressure, we have fun blogging.
7) My urge to lead – I am a competitive person, always wanting to be the best of the best (even if it means the best of the worst :P )
8) A God-given skill which means I can type real fast and I have things flowing out of my mind over just any subject. A vast life experiences help because I have traveled far and wide so conversations about travel, beauty, relationship and etc are just like the back of my hand.
9) Losing that housewife title. With this amount, I no longer label myself housewife whenever I fill in forms. It is self-employed now.
10) I get to boast!
Will I do it for October? I don’t know! I woke up at 11 am and by now, 3 pm, I have made USD150. So what do you think? But seriously, I want to spend more time on my faith. I am going to do a 31-days reflections on God’s Words, writing a post each day, based on my Shalom prayer guide. Because all glory to Lord Jesus for the blessings. Really. I couldn’t do this on my own. Only with God’s grace.
*and no, I am not afraid of the Income Tax, we have to pay taxes when it is due*